EXPERIENCED MARKETING & EVENTS DIRECTOR
EVENT PLANNING / PUBLIC RELATIONS / OUTREACH / TEAM LEADERSHIP
Accomplished, results-oriented and innovative Monterey Bay native and respected community member with over 10 years of experience in event planning, marketing/public relations, community outreach, fundraising and office management. Committed to giving back to our community and recognized as a collaborative team-player who contributes to elevating an organization’s reputation and image. Characterized throughout career for personal tenacity, independent work habits, and articulate communication style with exceptional time management skills. Friendly and outgoing with the ability to excel in a changing, fast-paced environment and interact effectively with press, event participants, volunteers, staff, board members and city officials. Creative and tech-savvy in digital media, computer technology, social media, website development, graphic design and video production.
Areas of expertise include:
Event Management – Marketing & Public Relations – Team Leadership & Training -Operations Management – Pre-Planning & On-Site Management – Community Outreach – Post-Event Review/Assessment – Social Media Integration – Client & Vendor Relations – Customer Service – Budgeting – Advanced Computer Skills
- Expertly and seamlessly planned from start to finish small and large-scale events for a variety of Monterey Bay businesses and attractions via the Pacific Grove and Carmel Chambers of Commerce.
- Created and directed Pacific Grove’s first ever Good Old Days Music Festival, bringing in over 30,000 attendees and a record-breaking recruitment of California bands to charitably perform free of charge, saving the organization an estimated $75,000 in entertainment costs.
- Significantly increased media coverage for St. Mary’s by-the-Sea’s largest outreach program through social media marketing. Most recently featured on the front page of the Monterey County Herald and other newspapers when my Facebook post for donation procurement went viral. In 24 hours I obtained more donations than the program has ever received in its 50+ years of operation.
- Provided marketing, public relations and/or event assistance to significant area organizations such as the Monterey County Film Commission, Carmel Art and Film Festival, Monarch Film Festival, Central Coast Senior Services, HARA Motion Pictures, and F.T. Renner Company.
Events and Marketing Management
♦ Collaborated with marketing teams to conceptualize and modify themes and venues and promote events; served as a primary point of contact for inquiries and as a public spokesperson for press relations.
♦ Established budgets, negotiated contracts and oversaw a team of event contributors including, but not limited to, graphic designers, publishers, entertainment, photographers, decor and food and beverage services.
♦ Responsible for working with City officials, Board members, committees, and volunteers/staff to successfully coordinate, publicize and manage events.
♦ Oversaw event day operations, including event coordination, marketing, volunteer/staff training, quality control, member/guest satisfaction, troubleshooting, and tactical planning.
♦ Coordinated communications and marketing, including print and electronic, newsletters, newspaper publications, internal communications, website and social media.
♦ Acquired essential permits from various city departments as needed.
ST. MARY’S BY–THE-SEA EPISCOPAL CHURCH – Pacific Grove, CA
Parish Administrator and Office Manager (August, 2012–Present) Serves as the primary point of contact for the organization; Coordinates all communications and marketing, including print and electronic materials, newsletters, promotional materials, programs, website and social media management; Supports organization operations for the Rector, members, committees and board of directors in planning, coordinating and implementing administrative services, digital media, outreach, projects and events; Participates in the recruiting, hiring, training and supervision of staff and volunteers; Evaluates aspects of programs and office procedures for effectiveness and recommends/implements changes; Develops and maintains relationships with other community services; Prepares and maintains records and reports.
- Annual Antiques and Collectibles Show & Sale; Holiday Bazaar; Book Sales; Concerts; Parish Dinners; Benefit Shop Operations; Stewardship/Fundraising; Facility Rentals.
PACIFIC GROVE CHAMBER OF COMMERCE – Pacific Grove, CA
Entertainment Director (November, 2010–September, 2012) Responsible for working with Chamber President, City officials, Board members, event committees, volunteers and staff to successfully coordinate, publicize and manage major Chamber and City events; ; Served as the primary point of contact and a public spokesperson for the organization working directly with California news and radio outlets to improve organization exposure; Oversaw day-to-day operations, including marketing, press relations, outreach, event coordination, volunteer recruitment, quality control, member satisfaction, and tactical planning; Expertly planned a variety of events with attendance varying from 50 to over 30,000; Established budgets and oversaw a team of event contributors including, but not limited to, graphic designers, publishers, musicians, photographers, videographers, and event vendors.
- Annual Good Old Days Celebration and Music Festival
- Holiday Fashion Show and Membership Luncheons, Inn at Spanish Bay
- Annual Awards Dinner, InterContinental The Clement Monterey
- Additional Events: Stillwell’s Fun in the Park; AT&T Pro-Am Shuttle Services; Wine, Art and Music Walks; City Fourth of July BBQ Celebration; Mixers; Ribbon Cuttings.
Administrative Assistant (September, 2010–November, 2010) Provided administrative and marketing assistance to the President and Chamber staff; Acted as liaison and promoter for 400+ local businesses; Social media and website integration and management; Editor for the weekly “Shoreline” page in the Monterey County Herald; Assistant Editor for monthly “Rap Up” Newsletter; Participated in the coordination of all Chamber functions, meetings and any City-affiliated events.
CARMEL CHAMBER OF COMMERCE – Carmel, CA
Administrative Assistant and Event Coordination (July 2007–September 2010) Provided administrative support to Chief Executive Officer and colleagues; Acted as liaison and promoter for 600+ businesses; Strategic event coordination, fundraising and marketing in joint efforts with the President, Chamber Staff and Board of Directors; Planned and participated in hundreds of events focused on promoting Monterey Bay organizations and attractions; Developed and distributed promotional materials and mailings; Created and managed all social media accounts; Assisted in the design and launch of a new website; Solicited sponsors and donations for organizational funding; Editor for the Chamber’s weekly page in the Carmel Pine Cone; Editor for the Chamber’s Monthly Newsletter; Assistant Editor for the “Guide to Carmel” (100,000 distributed); Organized multiple business trips to China for 500 people with Citslinc Intl.
- Chamber Annual Golf Tournament, Quail Lodge & Golf Club
- Awards of Excellence Dinner, Monterey Peninsula Country Club
- Membership Luncheon, Rancho Canada Golf Club
- Taste of Carmel, Carmel Mission
- Additional Events: AT&T Pro-Am and U.S. Open Shuttle Services; Mixers; Ribbon Cuttings.
EDUCATION & AWARDS
B.A. Teledramatic Arts & Technology, Honors with Distinction – CSU Monterey Bay
Best Sound Design Award, CSUMB Cinematic Arts Showcase (2013)